Requirements for the Minor (6 courses)
5 courses consisting of:
- ARAB-011 Intensive First Level Modern Standard Arabic I
- ARAB-012 Intensive First Level Modern Standard Arabic II
- ARAB-111 Intensive Second Level Modern Standard Arabic I
- ARAB-112 Intensive Second Level Modern Standard Arabic II
- ARAB-201 Introduction to Islamic Civilization (must be taken no later than Sophomore year); or upperclass students who have not taken ARAB-201 can satisfy this requirement by taking an advanced course, ARAB-303 Topics in Arabic Islamic Civilization
Plus 1 course selected from the following:
- ARAB-215 Intensive Third Level Modern Standard Arabic I
- ARAB-216 Intensive Third Level Modern Standard Arabic II or ARAB-217 Non-Intensive Third Level Modern Standard Arabic II
- Other ARAB content courses (electives) approved by advisor at the appropriate level. ARAB-213/214 Arabic Media, ARAB-328 Business Arabic, and ARAB-414 Advanced Arabic Media do not count towards elective courses.
ORAL PROFICIENCY INTERVIEW:
Arabic minors who are enrolled in Arabic language courses may opt to take an oral proficiency test (OPI), lasting approximately 30 minutes. Arabic Minors must sign-up if they wish to take OPI in the spring semester.