Effective Fall 2017, all Arabic Minors are required to take 6 courses.
- ARAB 011 Intensive First Level Modern Standard Arabic I
- ARAB 012 Intensive First Level Modern Standard Arabic II
- ARAB 111 Intensive Second Level Modern Standard Arabic I
- ARAB 112 Intensive Second Level Modern Standard Arabic II
- ARAB 201 Introduction to Islamic Civilization
Plus 1 course selected from the following:
Completion of course sequence is not mandatory, as long as prerequisites are met.
- ARAB 113 and 114 Formal Spoken Arabic I & II
- ARAB 213 and 214 Media Arabic I & II
- ARAB 215 and 216 Third Level Modern Standard Arabic I & II
- Other available content courses (electives) approved by advisor at the appropriate level.
ORAL PROFICIENCY INTERVIEW:
Arabic minors who are enrolled in Arabic language courses may opt to take an oral proficiency test (OPI), lasting approximately 30 minutes. Arabic Minors must sign-up if they wish to take OPI in the spring semester.