Effective Fall 2017, all Arabic Minors are required to take 6 courses.
- ARAB 011 Intensive First Level Modern Standard Arabic I
- ARAB 012 Intensive First Level Modern Standard Arabic II
- ARAB 111 Intensive Second Level Modern Standard Arabic I
- ARAB 112 Intensive Second Level Modern Standard Arabic II
- ARAB 201 Introduction to Islamic Civilization
Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI)
Plus 1 course selected from the following:
Completion of course sequence is not mandatory, as long as prerequisites are met.
- ARAB 113 and 114 Formal Spoken Arabic I & II
- ARAB 213 and 214 Media Arabic I & II
- ARAB 215 and 216 Third Level Modern Standard Arabic I & II
- Other available content courses (electives) approved by advisor at the appropriate level.
ORAL PROFICIENCY INTERVIEW:
In April of each year, Arabic minors who are enrolled in Arabic language courses, are required to take an oral proficiency test, lasting approximately 30 minutes. This is a departmental requirement. Students who do not take the test will have their Arabic final grades withheld for the semester. Majors and Minors do not need to sign-up for this exam, but will be contacted in late March with more information concerning the date and time of the test.